Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Golf Season 2011 is Now Open!

Finally, the 2011 golf season is under way, for now, anyway. There will be interruptions as there are every year.
We got the call from owners around 9 in the morning that course will open at 11:00 AM. When we got there at 10:30 3 foursome and one twosome groups were already out on the course. What a bummer! I wanted to continue tradition of last 3 years to be first one out on opening day but I was too late. It doesn’t matter, we had a good game and great time.
The course is in great shape even though the greens are a bit slow but that is to be expected. Once they are rolled and cut they will be fast enough. What I was very pleased with was how many pars we had despite the bumpy and slow greens and the fact that we didn’t miss a single fairway, not once!

Tomorrow (Sunday) I will go to driving range to work on my iron play.  

No comments: